Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Come What May And Love It...

Well hello there!

I hope all is well with you! :)

Today is a personal day on the blog!
(I have written and deleted this post three times now...so this is the last kick at it.)

I have been wanting to bring you guys "up to speed" on my life for quite a while now, but I just didn't know what to say.  I never know who is reading this, and everyone interprets things differently.  So please try to understand my point of view...or simply just don't judge.  :)

So here goes...   

Have you ever had a moment when you see something, hear something, or read something and go, "Oh my goodness! That is my life!"?

I had one of those moments today.

I was reading an email from an old friend and the last line said this...




I swear I have heard this phrase a million times but today it smacked me right in the face.
It perfectly sums up where I am at right now.
Because amidst all of the trials, upsets, and life altering circumstances I have found myself in...

I have found myself.

And I love it.

Life has softened me, molded me, sanded down my rough edges and polished me...I am in no way naive enough to believe that life is anywhere close to being finished with the refining process - but I have come a long ways.

I have learnt important lessons. Met inspiring people. Inspired others in my own way. Lived through one of my worst nightmares. Accomplished things I never thought were possible.  And above all, I have learned to love myself and where I am at in life.
There are so many things that I miss and that I always will miss.
But there are also so many things that I have gained.
 I have come to love the situation that I find myself in because it has allowed me to get to where I am now. 

I am happy with where I am.

Please don't take this as me being insensitive to my situation. Because I am not. I am simply saying that life has ups and downs - I have fought to get over my mountains. And I am proud of myself.  Life is 
bitter-sweet - it is more bitter at times and more sweet in others. But life is good.

I have incredible memories and an amazing angel. I will never forget that.
 I am going to make my angel proud.

Over the next while I will be sharing my new life with you all...
My goals and plans. My dreams. My hobbies.  My new friends.

The blog is going to transform into what I always wanted it to be!

I hope you will stay with me while I continue on my journey! I have so much to tell you! :)
I just need you to know that I am ready for what life brings next.
Things don't get easier...they just get different. I experience the truth of that statement every day. Life is different. But life is good.
In the end, everything works out how it is supposed to. :)

Looking forward to the future!
Dakota






1 comment:

  1. Life is hard. Being happy whike living life can be even harder. I'm glad you have found a balance of finding happiness and remembering your trials.

    ReplyDelete